Tuesday, May 20, 2008

Sweet Like Chocolate

This post is actually inspired by a friend's post, whose lucky enough to have had many sweet experiences. Sometimes I think her stories seem like they are taken right out of a movie. Heheheh.. (I sometimes envy you, oh dear neighbor).

Anyway, back then I couldn't really think of anything so sweetly memorable happening to me. Maybe because I never really have any real romance in my life (ah yes, me and my bland life) or maybe it's just because I had that problem of being 'clueless' when I'm suddenly asked some certain questions which forced me to go down memory lane. Because these things always pop out unexpectedly, when you were least thinking about it.

But it finally came up to me after a while, and I remember that there were actually a few. So I just thought I should write it down so that I won't forget them.

One of the sweetest thing that a guy has ever done to me happens to be, again, linked with a song. It may sound corny but yes, I like corny sometimes. Heheheh.. (we girls like corny things sometimes -- trust me).

It was some time ago when Coldplay came to Singapore for their X&Y album's tour. As I love Coldplay so much, of course I wanted to go over there to see Chris sang live in front of me. But since I had no money at all, it was just a wishful thinking. The guy I was very close with back then went there to see the show. He actually offered me to come join him as he had the show's ticket to spare because his brother, who was supposed to go too, had to cancel his leaving due to work. But I couldn't afford my daily living costs back then, let alone afford airplane tickets and the wretched fiskal.

On the night of the concert, I received a call from him. When I answered, I couldn't really hear what he was saying. All I heard was just loud noises of crowd cheering and some music. So after a minute of, "Hello? Hellooo?", I cut the connection and sent him a message saying I couldn't hear him. After I sent that message, I noticed that I've received a message.. from him. And it goes like this:

"I'm gonna call but I can't speak. So please, just listen."

It was sent before the call. After that, he replied my previous message by saying that he called just to let me hear the band playing my favorite song, 'Fix Me' (the song has special meanings for me). My gawd, I was really touched -- it was so sweet. Too bad I didn't read the message earlier, it would be really nice hearing it even though it won't be too clear. It still makes me smile to this day everytime I remember it. Though our story ended in a sad and painful way, some sweet memories stayed alive inside me.

Now I'm still waiting for the first guy to ever bring me flowers. That should be memorable. Hahahah!

Have a nice Monday, people!

When you try your best but you don't succeed
When you get what you want but not what you need
When you feel so tired but you can't sleep
Stuck in reverse

And the tears come streaming down your face
When you lose something you can't replace
When you love someone but it goes to waste
Could it be worse?

Lights will guide you home
And ignite your bones
And I will try to fix you

(Fix You - Coldplay)

No comments:

Post a Comment