Sunday, May 6, 2007

In This (My) World of Maybe's

They say you have to hit rock bottom in order to bounce back. But seems I’ve hit rock bottom but I’m still stuck here. Seems I’ve lost the energy to bounce back.

Or maybe I just haven’t hit rock bottom. I’m still falling. Or maybe I’ve hit rock bottom. But instead of bouncing up, I just dig deeper into the ground.

You say it’s unfair if we’re together. So why did you come close to me? Have you ever thought about that in the beginning? And after you’ve dived too deep, did you really think you can leave the water without any ripple? And after you’ve carved your name, did you really think you can walk away without leaving any scar? 

Maybe you did. Maybe you didn’t. Maybe you were being true. Maybe you were full of lies. I could be the one who’s out-of-reach. Or I could be just another name in your lil’ black book. 

Whichever, I guess I’ll never know for sure.

No comments:

Post a Comment