Thursday, June 19, 2008

[I dream of] Santorini, Greece

Another part of Greek isles that I fell in love with is Santorini.

It's also a very popular spot for tourists and travelers, I know (so it should be rather expensive too). But really, how can I resist its charm?

Browsing around, I found that Santorini is more colorful than Mykonos. Some of the buildings are painted in sweet pastel colors that looked amazing when set against the clear blue sky. And I'm still not sure why, but there are lots of cats in this island (oh yes, I can see some of my friends' eyes gleaming with excitement upon hearing this). Maybe they see the island's architecture, with all the stairs leading up and down the hill, as a fun big playground.

And don't get me started on the food. Seafood here is abundant and fresh. And they seem to love octopus so much. Yum.
Meanwhile, Barry Vera has made a new Feast series and he has picked Greece as his next feasting destination. Feast Greece is scheduled to air soon by this month on Discovery Travel & Living -- I can hardly wait.
Surely a simple Mediterranean meal like the above would taste even better when eaten while looking at the grand view? Life would be perfect if I can sit there to enjoy my meal whenever I want to.

Gawd. I wish I could fly away now.

No comments:

Post a Comment