Tuesday, February 19, 2008

Bittersweet Symphony

Monday, 18 February 2008, 08.50 a.m.

It was raining again this morning when I got out of the house for work. Looking out through the car window scattered with raindrops, my mind wandered off.

As I saw the cars and buildings along the road, I thought about my life - my state of being for the moment. Not that it's of any importance. It was nothing serious or depressing nor reflective - I was just daydreaming. My mood was content.

And then on the radio, I suddenly noticed this crystal clear voice, singing one too familiar song. The new version of Sempurna, sung by Gita Gutawa.


Kau begitu sempurna. Di mataku kau begitu indah. Kau membuat diriku akan slalu memujimu.
Di setiap langkahku. Ku kan slalu memikirkan dirimu. Tak bisa kubayangkan hidupku tanpa cintamu.

One very popular song with one too many memories in it. Hidden within the words, there was a brief story of us. And I can't help but be nostalgic about it. Reliving the past, revisiting the moments. Maybe this is what they call a bittersweet symphony.

And so as I saw the cars and buildings along the road, I though about my life - and I smiled at the uncertainties of it.

Janganlah kau tinggalkan diriku. Takkan mampu ku menghadapi semua. Hanya bersamamu ku akan bisa.
Kau adalah darahku. Kau adalah jantungku. Kau adalah hidupku, lengkapi diriku. Oh sayangku, kau begitu... Sempurna..

No comments:

Post a Comment