Friday, February 22, 2008

[I dream of] Jodhpur, India

I was smitten by this city when I saw Barry Vera's program, Feast India, on Discovery Travel And Living.

Still in Rajashtan, India, Jodhpur is the second largest city in the state, also known as the Sun City due to the bright, sunny weather it enjoys all year.

And if Jaipur is known as The Pink City, then Jodhpur is popularly known as The Blue City. The name comes from its indigo tinge of whitewashed houses in the city. The blue houses were originally for Brahmins (as blue is said to ward off evil and is also the color of Krishna), but non-Brahmins soon joined in - as the colour was said to deflect the heat and keep mosquitoes away.


Just imagine yourself walking amongst those indigo houses. My oh my... Please take me away now.

No comments:

Post a Comment